Carrie Grant spent the day in Rochdale with Lisa filming a feature piece called ' Story of the Song' for the BBC's 'The One Show'. This will be broadcast on 15th July check the following link
Here's a little nostalgia. Lisa and her band played an intimate Arista gig at London's Riverside Studio recorded on the 4th March 1997.
Lisa - Vocals
Ian Devaney - Keyboard & Guitar
Dave Collard - Keyboard & MD
Snowboy - Percussion
John Thirkhell - Brass
Snake Davis - Sax & Flute
Gavin Harrison - Drums
Winston Blissett - Bass
Aileen McLaughlin - Backing Vocals
Anna Ross - Backing Vocals
In March 1997, Lisa released her eponymous album. It reached number two in the United Kingdom and equally achieving top ten chart success in many European countries as well as Japan and the United States, where it peaked at #30.
Singles released in Europe included, 'People Hold On' (The Bootleg Mixes), 'The Real Thing' 'Never, Never Gonna Give You Up' and 'The Line'. In the U.S, 'Never, Never Gonna Give You Up' peaked at #74 on the Billboard Hot 100. The album also spawned four No.1 singles on theBillboard 's Hot Dance Club Songs, 'People Hold On' (The Bootleg Mixes), 'Never, Never Gonna Give You Up' 'Never Gonna Fall' and 'I'm Leavin'. The U.S success prompted Arista Records to release 'The Remix Album' in June 1998 which prompted a South American, U.S and European tour in 1997 and 1998 to coincide with the promotion of the album.
This rare interview footage takes us back to the early days of the album promotion recorded especially for the U.S market.
Today's an exceptional day in the calendar and if you didn't already know this, it's Lisa's Birthday today. So on behalf of all your fans around the world, here's wishing you an amazing birthday and another successful year ahead.
Here's a little surprise we put together especially for you, with much love and best wishes from us all.
Happy Birthday Lisa
Defected Records will release a posthumous compilation compiled by Frankie Knuckles. Proceeds will go towards The Frankie Knuckles Fund/Elton John AIDS Foundation.
A year after his untimely passing, Defected Records have announced that they will release a posthumous compilation compiled by Frankie Knuckles.The double CD will feature some of his masterful mixes including Lisa's (Knuckles Mix) of "Change" (voted in 2014 as the fans favourite Lisa mix of all time).
The compilation titled 'House Masters' will be available from April 26 on Defected Records. More importantly it will be a charity release, with 100% of the proceeds going directly towards The Frankie Knuckles Fund/Elton John AIDS Foundation. The retrospective compilation, with originals and remixes hand-selected by The Godfather of House himself, is finally seeing the light of day over a year after its inception. You can check his career-spanning tracklist below.
01. Frankie Knuckles featuring Jamie Principle: "Your Love"
02. Frankie Knuckles presents Satoshi Tomiie: "Tears (Classic Vocal)"
03. Frankie Knuckles: "The Whistle Song (Sound Factory Mix)"
04. Alison Limerick: "Where Love Lives (Classic Mix)"
05. Hercules & Love Affair: "Blind (Frankie Knuckles Remix)"
06. Frankie Knuckles featuring Roberta Gilliam: "Workout (1992 Vocal Mix)"
07. Frankie Knuckles with Jamie Principle: "Baby Wants To Ride"
08. Andrea Mendez: "Bring Me Love (Classic Frankie)"
09. Frankie Knuckles: "Only The Strong Survive (Club Mix)"
10. Frankie Knuckles: "It's Hard Sometime (FK Classic Club)"
11. Adeva: 'Beautiful Love (Extended)"
01. Inner City: "Whatcha Gonna Do With My Lovin (Def Mix)"
02. Sounds Of Blackness: "The Pressure (Frankie Knuckles Classic Mix)"
03. The Nightwriters: "Let the Music Use You (Club Mix)"
04. First Choice: "Let No Man Put Asunder (12" Frankie Knuckles Remix)"
05. Frankie Knuckles: "Rain Falls (FK Original)"
06. Rufus & Chaka Khan: "Ain't Nobody (Hallucinogenic Version)"
07. Loose Ends: "Hangin' On A String (Frankie Knuckles Club Mix)"
08. Frankie Knuckles featuring Adeva: "Too Many Fish (Classic Frankie Version)"
09. Lisa Stansfield: "Change (Knuckles Mix)"
10. Pet Shop Boys: "Left To My Own Devices (Frankie Knuckles Royal Piano Version)"
11. Frankie Knuckles presents Director's Cut featuring Jamie Principle: "I'll Take You There (Director's Cut Classic Signature Mix)"
To coincide with the release of House Masters Frankie Knuckles, Defected present a limited edition commemorative T-shirt. The T-shirt is created in collaboration with Def Mix management and The Frankie Knuckles Fund established in partnership with the Elton John Aids Foundation, with all of the profits of its sale being donated to the charity. You can pre-order the double CD together with a a limited edition T-shirt (Bundle) via Defected online store